Programming Advisories will meet virtually throughout the summer to deliberate and shape an exciting program for our 21st Annual Festival taking place in November. You will be provided with online film screeners and are responsible for independently watching films and providing ratings and comments based on given criteria.
You may choose to apply to one or both of our advisory committees:
GENERAL PROGRAM ADVISORY:
Watch and select films that touch on immigrant experiences, urbanization, inner city issues, cultural identity and multicultural relationships by filmmakers of BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Colour) and LGBTQ2S+ communities.
SCHOOL PROGRAM ADVISORY:
We invite schools from Regent Park and surrounding areas to attend our curated program of short films suitable for Grades 1-8. Featuring themes relevant to and engaging for young people, our School Program encourages self-representation and seeks to promote dialogue among students, educators, filmmakers and the wider community.
Potential advisory members must:
- Commit to watching and reviewing films
- Attend scheduled virtual meetings to discuss films with other advisory members
- Be able to constructively critique these films in a nuanced and concise manner
- Be comfortable adhering to confidentiality of programming decisions and films watched
- FOR SCHOOL ADVISORY ONLY: have experience creating programming for children, developing lesson plans, or other relevant children’s educational material.
- $250 honorarium will be provided
- Tasks and meeting will not exceed 12 hours total
- You will be recognized in our Annual Festival program book and Annual Festival website
- If you have any questions regarding this application or position, please email: email@example.com
Deadline to apply: Friday, June 23 at 11:59 pm.