Call for Festival Interns (2 Volunteer Positions)
The Regent Park Film Festival is now seeking interns for the 2013 Regent Park Film Festival (November 13 – 16, 2013).
The Regent Park Film Festival is dedicated to showcasing local and international independent works relevant to inner city communities like Regent Park, Canada’s largest and oldest public housing project in Canada.
In addition to the festival in November, we are initiating a number of year-round activities including a monthly screening series, video production & post-production training and access, a resource centre, commissioning projects and artist residencies. It is an exciting time to be involved!
Gain valuable experience in:
- Film Festival and event planning, organization, and logistics;
- Non-profit administration;
- Community development;
- Working with diverse artists and communities;
- Facilities management;
- Print Production;
- Outreach and marketing;
Festival Intern requirements (must have at least 5 of the following):
- Experience with Microsoft Office;
- Experience in graphic design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.);
- Experience in post-production software (Final Cut Pro, etc.);
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse communities;
- Passion for film and video.
Time Commitment: All internship positions require pre-festival commitment. Leading up to the festival, we are seeking a minimum commitment of one afternoon a week (12 -5 pm). Position extends to post-festival to assist with returning films, final reporting, etc.
Deadline: August 15, 2013
Start Date: September 2013
To apply, please send resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience, and where you saw the posting, to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please list ‘Festival Intern’ in the subject line of the email.