Support Diverse Filmmaking Today!
The Regent Park Film Festival shares vital stories by Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC) artists that break stereotypes and shows that no one place, or person has just one story.
Storytelling has always been important in our society – as a tool for education, exploration and expression. Now, in our second year of physically distanced programming, storytelling through film will keep us connected to each other and to the issues that shape our society today.
We ask that you join us in celebrating these films and raising funds to enable RPFF to keep bringing new tales to our screens – by hosting your own virtual Viewing Party of the film Finding Sally.
Become a monthly donor and you could win a RAFFLE PRIZE! Check out details below.
Together as a community we would like to raise $5,000.
This will help us:
- Pay BIPOC filmmakers to screen their films at our 19th Annual Film Festival this November
- Support emerging BIPOC filmmakers through training and professional development
- Bring underrepresented stories to diverse audiences through year-round screenings
How it works:
1. Send your friends and family the Poster and Text, inviting them to your viewing party of Finding Sally and ask them to make an online donation of $25 to RPFF. If you become a monthly donor, you will be entered into a special prize draw – details below!
2. Register your virtual viewing party with the names and email addresses of your party members through our form HERE. If anything changes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. When someone makes a donation, we will send them the viewing link and unique voucher code to access the film online. We’ll keep you updated on the donations your party makes.
4. Once you and everyone in your party has made their donation, we will notify you and send you a viewing party guide that explores key themes in the film such as the role of women in revolutionary movements, family histories and storytelling so that you can host a film discussion.
5. Watch the film between May 28 and June 11th online and then host a virtual discussion with your viewing party using the guide we sent you.
VIEWING PARTY RAFFLE PRIZE FOR MONTHLY DONORS
Want to bring the joy of an outdoor screening to your very own outdoor space? Introducing Tiny TOPS, a raffle giveaway in partnership with our friends at Toronto Outdoor Picture Show (TOPS). An easy at-home DIY version of the outdoor film experience you know and love: you bring the popcorn, the movie on your personal media player, and some cozy seating, and TOPS will provide everything else you’ll need to have an intimate outdoor movie night in your own backyard. This rental kit is complete with a 60” screen, perfect for a small urban space, a projector, bluetooth speakers, and necessary cables. Valued at $175 for a weekend rental and FREE to the monthly donor who wins the raffle. More info about the kits can be found HERE.