DATE: Sept 6 and Sept 7, 2014
PARTICIPATING FATHERS RECEIVE $100 HONORARIUM, TTC FARE & LUNCH
No experience necessary. Spots limited.
Are you a Black dad? Are you interested in taking part in a photography workshop with your kids? Here is what we offer:
What is it?
- Workshop is for Black fathers and their children (age 10 and up). Each Father can bring up to 2 children to the workshop
- Workshop takes place over 2 days – Sept 6 and Sept 7. Participants must attend both sessions.
- All participating fathers receive $100 honorarium, TTC fare and lunch
- Learn photography, interview and filmmaking skills and have fun with your kids!
- Celebrate the contribution of Black fathers and voice your perspective on fatherhood and family life today
- Be part of a project that helps us develop a documentary dedicated to overturning the ways in which Black men are portrayed in the media today.
- There is a possibility, for interested fathers to be part of the final documentary project
- Final project will premiere at the Regent Park Film Festival in November 2014.
About the Facilitator:
- The workshop and film will be lead by filmmaker, award winning artist and educator, Ella Cooper, who is known for using playful arts based teaching methods and games to lead community film programs across Canada.
Note* The workshop will be filmed and could be used as B-roll (added footage) for the final documentary.
To participate in the workshop you must sign up. You can sign up in 2 ways:
1. Fill out and submit this ONLINE SIGN UP FORM
2. Call us at 416.599.7733 with answers to the questions on the ONLINE FORM